fra

Default Fluke 87 DMM differences >>>series III

Hi Guys,

I could use some help please,looking to buy a Fluke 87 DMM off ebay, I
notice that some of them are marked (on the meter that is) as "Fluke
87 True RMS Multimeter" and while some are marked "Fluke 87 III True
RMS Multimeter"

Would I be correct in assuming that the "87 III" is the latest model
and that the "Fluke 87 True RMS Multimeter" was the earlier model?

Or are thay the same thing and Fluke just don't bother putting "series
III" on the meter anymore because everyone knows it is a "series III"
meter?

Was there a series II model? (sounds logical to me!)

There don't seem to be any differences visually between the different
types.

Please could some of you wise ones (Fluke 87 owners) put me in the
picture, I just want to make sure I get the latest model and don't end
up paying top dollar for an early model that may be 10 odd years old.

Many thanks!

Robert Flemming.