Posted to alt.home.repair
Unquestionably Confused Unquestionably Confused is offline

Default Preventing Floor Damage Due to Refrigerator

On 6/28/2015 9:44 PM, WebUncle.com wrote:
replying to seglie, WebUncle.com wrote:
seglie wrote:

Hello,
Just purchased my first house and it has beautiful wood floors in the
kitchen. This concerns me a little when it comes to refrigerator
leaks. I know there are drip pans in the refrigerator but have read
that leaking is still a common problem due to various issues. Just
wondering if there was a solution in laying something down underneath
the refrigerator just in case there was external leaking? Maybe some
sort of thin plastic mat or similar? A new refrigerator is being
delivered at the end of this month and wanted to have something in
place just in case.
Thanks!

The best thing you can do is put a fridge/freezer underlay on the floor.

Another thing to remember is "What happens when you lose power for an
extended period while on vacation?"

Okay, forget about the spoiled food, but what happens to the ice in your
through the door dispenser? It melts, runs down the front of the
refrigerator and all over the floor.

When departing for any extended period of time (2 days) we shut off the
ice maker and empty the bin.

DAMHIKg