Posted to alt.home.repair
Mayayana Mayayana is offline

Default Brake light goes on.

| My 2000 Toyota Solara convertible started displaying the Brake light on
| the instrument panel a few months ago.

I have the same trouble with my Tacoma, but
it is the parking brake. The cable has become
stretched while the pull-back spring assembly
is stiff. The problem is that it just doesn't retract
fully, so it doesn't push down the little button
above the brake pedal to shut the light off. You
might check just to make sure that's not the
problem you're having. On the other hand, if you're
filling the brake fluid canister every 3 weeks you
have a serious problem. It's also not supposed to be
filled to the top. Or, at least, I've never seen one
where the fill line was at the top.