Posted to alt.home.repair
Boris[_2_] Boris[_2_] is offline

Default Cleaned A/C Condenser, SOLVED

trader_4 wrote in
:

big snip

Good to hear it's fixed! I think it was actually Uncle Monster
who suggested it could be an incorrect fan first. So, I guess what
you're saying is that it never worked right from the time the fan was
changed a long time ago. Someone not catching it then lead to
what happened now. I can see a tech showing up, diagnosing a
bad fan motor, then just looking at the one that's there and
ordering a generic replacement that has the same specs. I'm
not sure how many would pull up the parts list for the unit
and see what motor the manufacturer listed, etc.

I got mine going here too. $85 for the new motor. I replaced the
expensive and fancy ECM motor with a basic PSC, like what you have.
And I did what the tech did, I went by the specs on the old motor.

What are ECM and PSC? I've looked them up, but haven't seen the acronyms
described.