Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Any hope in re-sweating copper tubing?

On 6/25/2015 8:24 AM, trader_4 wrote:
Some yellow canisters are now called "Mapp-Pro"
which does not mean professional. Sadly, so.
I think it means map diluted with propane.

It's not diluted MAPP. It's a propane based substitute that doesn't burn
as hot.

Thanks, you're right:

http://www.contractortalk.com/f40/re...emp-gas-96963/

But, here is what Thermadyne, the parent company of Victor/TurboTorch,
has to say about it.

MAP//PRO, which is produced by Worthington Cylinders of
Columbus, OH, has a higher flame temperature and better
combustion intensity than propane, which enables
professional users to complete their tasks more quickly.
MAP//PRO also has a higher vapor pressure than MAPP
resulting in better performance in colder temperatures.
"The effective BTU output is a measurement of the
quantity of BTUs that actually go into the work piece
when heated", said Paul Minter, VP / General Manager,
TurboTorch."Our lab tests have revealed that MAP//PRO
has approximately a 10% greater BTU output over Propane
and a 14% less effective BTU output than MAPP. Given
the technical advancements offered by TurboTorch
products as the premium brand in the market, our
torches maximize the performance of propylene based
(MAP//PRO)."