Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Using Extension Cord with Freezer

On 06/23/2015 05:30 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

[snip]

90W is for a very old fridge. I just looked at the specs of a 33 cu ft
side by side and it is 8.5A an 18 cu ft top freezer was 6A

My refrigerator (ordinary size side-by-side) is about 6 years old. When
I first got it running after the power outage it was drawing about 1A.
Power had been out about 15 hours, so I'd expect the compressor would be
running then.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"The history on intellectual progress is written in the lives of
infidels." -- Robert Green Ingersoll (1833-1899),