Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Do you have the receipt?

On Tue, 23 Jun 2015 08:35:01 -0700, Oren wrote:

On Tue, 23 Jun 2015 08:49:46 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

I'm with you, that some customers are a bit too
much trouble.

Might just be my opinion, but doctors and lawyers are the worst
customers. They will nickel and dime you to death.

Doctor complained when after doing some repairs to his car I told
him that I was sure we had solved the problem, but if it wasn't 100%
to his liking he could bring it back and I'd do a final adjustment for
him, gratis. He thought for what we charged it should last forever,
and be perfect the first time.
I told him diagnosis is difficult, and everybody can miss once in a
while - but as a mechanic I fixed my mistakes - I didn't bury them.

Teacher complained mechanics charged too much (and this was after my
stint at teaching) so I said unlike teachers, I guaranteed my job.