View Single Post
  #64   Report Post  
Posted to alt.home.repair
external usenet poster

Default Do you have the receipt?

On Tuesday, June 23, 2015 at 7:43:57 AM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 6/22/2015 11:02 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
Me and my brother came up with a way to mess with the people who complained about the price of repairs. I'd ask,"Do you just want to pay my cost?" When I got a yes answer, I had a ready made bill for 5 million dollars which I explained would cover my cost to arrive at this point. Nobody wanted to pay my cost, darnit. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Costly Monster

She'd run on about "fair" cost, so I figure there
ought to be a few items I can throw onto the pile,
in case the bill isn't fair enough.

-

It's been a continuing problem I've had with people who couldn't understand that I wasn't in the parts selling business. I was selling my time. The price of my time was based on experience, the number of years of education I had, the cost of destroying things I burned up learning what not to do when working on something, vehicle insurance plus fuel and repairs including wear and tear on my transportation, the money I paid for specialized tools and equipment, supplies, uniforms, office equipment, computers and software, $1 million in general liability insurance, wages, business license, permits, taxes, incorporation fees, lawyer, accountant, building rent, furniture, cost of utilities, landline, Internet service, cell phone and pager, printing and on and on. I could even include the cost of toilet paper since so many people tell me I'm full of poop. It would take all day to list most of the expenses to run a legitimate small service and contracting business with 1 employee(boss) and part time help. Heck, everyone should add their own list of expenses for their small business to this thread. The funniest thing is that I miss being able to work, being my own boss and the challenge. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Frustrated Monster