Posted to comp.os.linux.advocacy,alt.os.linux.ubuntu,alt.home.repair
GreyCloud GreyCloud is offline

Default A Perfect Case For NOT Using Linux.

On 2015-06-23 9:50 AM, rbowman wrote:
On 06/23/2015 07:17 AM, Slimer wrote:
When you refer to "the dog," I assume that you're referring to KDE or
Unity. You seem to have confused your "open-source" slopware with
Windows. It's not your fault, almost every one of your desktop
environments tries to look and act like Windows.

The little yellow dog that wags his tail while searching for files.
slowly. 'locate' is a lot faster.

I'm sure grandma won't mind opening up a CLI and doing one of the
following:

locate [-qi] [-d ] [--database=]

locate [-i] [-r ] [--regexp=]

locate [-qv] [-o ] [--output=]

locate [-e ] [-f ] [-l ] [-c] [-U ] [-u]

locate [-Vh] [--version] [--help]

But it will find what grandma is looking for a few seconds faster so it's
TOTALLY WORTH IT!

My dentist uses Windows XP as well. It never crashed and rebooted on
her.

Never? Having worked in the industry for about 40 years I
unconditionally state that you're full of ****. Go slime someplace where
your audience is more naive.

My dentist knows that I know tech and would have mentioned it to me if
there was a problem. In the years I've gone there, not _once_ has the
woman mentioned a single technological problem using Windows. The only
naive people are the idiots who actually believe the crap you're spouting
about Windows' instability. Those of us who've used both operating
systems know very well that Windows is a _LOT_ more stable than the
vomitware you guys support.

--
Slimer
Proud "wintroll"

I have no experience with Linux, but surely every windows version I have
ever seen has been unstable. Not to mention bloatware.

When was that? Back in 1998?