Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Do you have the receipt?

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 6/23/2015 10:29 AM, Ralph Mowery wrote:

I don't drive one car much and often only have it serviced once a
year. Get
it inspected and the oil changed. It tickles me to look at the bill
and see
where they even add in shop supplies such as the rag the mechanic
wipes his
hand with. You would think they would just charge so much and be done
with
it instead of adding in all the small charges.

I hate that charge. It is built into some of the dealer software to add
2% to the bill. I had some diagnostic done that required just plugging
in the computer so I disputed the charge. I asked to see the dirty rags
and other trash generated. They took it off the bill.

I use my laptop to pull the OBD II code using a USB adapter kit I built
and freeware software.