Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Do you have the receipt?

"Vic Smith" wrote in message
Most people don't expect to get screwed on parts prices nowadays.

The parts costs are readily available, and they're not in the dark.
Labor cost is take it or leave it.
Car parts prices have been available for many years, and so has part
costs on the final bill.
Why go where you're going to get gouged on parts?

I don't drive one car much and often only have it serviced once a year. Get
it inspected and the oil changed. It tickles me to look at the bill and see
where they even add in shop supplies such as the rag the mechanic wipes his
hand with. You would think they would just charge so much and be done with
it instead of adding in all the small charges.