Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Do you have the receipt?

A minor point perhaps, but you may wish to point out the expense (and it
is real regardless of what she or anyone else thinks) of you having that
part, paid for, sitting on a shelf for two or three years to ensure that
her refrigerator can be fixed RIGHT NOW instead of "I'll be back in two
or three days when the new part arrives."

There's no pleasing some people. Hang them with a new rope and they'd
still complain!g

I have a friend who manages large parking lots in the city. Supply and
demand rule that business. Some folks (talking some companies who lease
a goodly portion of a garage (also general consumers)) complain about
the manner of payment - Cash or Credit Card. They want checks, monthly
billing, etc. Nope. Not their business model - and they are a very
large, successful, multi-state operation so don't think they are being
short-sighted.

They will make all sorts of demands and when push comes to shove, my
friend will simply suggest that they call 555-555-1212. What's that
number? the customer asks

Our competitor, maybe they can assist you. But we don't want to park
with them, we want to park with YOU!

Suddenly, it somehow becomes crystal clear to them who holds the cards.g

Interesting you should mention that. She was so pleased
that I came out the same day she called, all the other
companies were booked into next whenever.

So, I'm on the spot, arrive an hour or two after she
calls, but that prompt service is not worth the extra
couple bucks? Hmm.

If she calls back (still not working), maybe I'll be
busy until next week?

-
..
Christopher A. Young