Posted to comp.os.linux.advocacy,alt.os.linux.ubuntu,alt.home.repair
rbowman[_2_] rbowman[_2_] is offline

Default A Perfect Case For NOT Using Linux.

On 06/22/2015 10:16 PM, Snit wrote:
I have an ancient iPod Touch... I can see why one might want to use it like
that, but I also have "Thumb drives" for that.

I don't want to use it for storage, just to look like a mass storage
device. If I want to load mp3's onto my Zen Nano or Sansa Clip, I just
plug it into the USB port and copy files. If I want to load maps or gpx
files onto my Garmin eTrex20 or Nuvi, same deal. Stuff I've converted to
MOBI in Calibre to load onto my Kindle, apk's onto the tablet and so
forth and so on. They're all just file systems and files.