Posted to comp.os.linux.advocacy,alt.os.linux.ubuntu,alt.home.repair
Snit Snit is offline

Default A Perfect Case For NOT Using Linux.

On 6/22/15, 8:39 PM, in article , "rbowman"
wrote:

On 06/22/2015 09:12 AM, Snit wrote:
Even something as simple as adding an image to a word processing document
and resizing / rotating / moving it to where you want.

Why is something so basic a complete pain in the arse with Linux?

For me it doesn't matter if I'm using genuine Microsoft Word,
LibreOffice, OpenOffice, or any other word processor; it turns into a
disaster very rapidly, particularly if I'm trying to edit someone else's
creation. I get into bullet point hell, the font goes to 30 point
Cyrillic in fuschia, and anything I try to insert is upside down,
backwards, and in the wrong place.

Even with MS Word there is a learning curve. I think the easiest to use is
Pages (also shown in my video), but it is also quite limited compared to MS
Word (and even LibreOffice in many areas). What it does it tends to do well,
but it is not designed to be as "full featured". Oh, and it has some quirky
bugs... for example, when you set it to page width and then change the width
of your window (or even show/hide the side bar) it does not alter the width
so you have to reset it again. WHY? Even the web version of it works for
that.

So, I basically consider anything other than programming text editors to
be a pain in the ass.

Sincere offer: if you run into such challenges I am happy to do what I can
to help. Contact me here or via email.

--
* Mint MATE Trash, Panel, Menu: http://youtu.be/C0y74FIf7uE
* Mint KDE working with folders: http://youtu.be/7C9nvniOoE0