Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Do you have the receipt?

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Just had a first. I've been repairing refrigerators for
about twenty years. I went out this AM, and worked on a
refrigerator. Did my best. She called back about 6 PM,
it's still problems. She gave me more information, and
my diagnosis changed. Drove back (half hour from here)
to work on the fridge again. Used a new in the bag part,
I'd bought several years ago. Told her I guessed the part
was about $25, bought it years ago.

She asked if I had the receipt. Took a minute to understand.
She wants to see the receipt of what I paid at the wholesale
house. No, the receipt is in a drawer or folder at home.

And even if I did, I wouldn't show you. I sell for retail.
I'll make a phone call tomorrow, see what the current
retail price is, and call her back. What an evening.

Would averaging a few online prices do any good?