Posted to comp.os.linux.advocacy,alt.os.linux.ubuntu,alt.home.repair
Ignoramus8881 Ignoramus8881 is offline

Default A Perfect Case For NOT Using Linux.

On 2015-06-22, rbowman wrote:
On 06/21/2015 07:10 PM, Ignoramus11174 wrote:
Android is also Linux, and is used by most people in the world who
have a computing device. In the sense of what is in the hands of most
people, Linux won via Android.

More correctly, Android uses a subset of the Linux kernel. As Stallman
is quick to point out 'Linux' is really GNU/Linux since unless you're a
kernel programmer Linux itself is not very interesting.

It is more than just the kernel. Android has a lot of Linux
facilities, bash, and so on. I would leave the argument over "Gnu vs
Linux" to someone else, even though I am a Stallman admirer.

Most people, nowadays, have a Linux computer, be it a satellite TV
receiver, Android phone, home router, home video camera, and so on.

Unfortunately, Linux desktop is of poor quality and cannot be used by
low IQ users due to difficult to resolve problems. But Linux as a
automation and server platform is great and works very well.

Because I am personally smart enough, I can resolve these problems and
use Linux desktop efficiently.