Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Do you have the receipt?

On 6/22/2015 9:31 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Just had a first. I've been repairing refrigerators for
about twenty years. I went out this AM, and worked on a
refrigerator. Did my best. She called back about 6 PM,
it's still problems. She gave me more information, and
my diagnosis changed. Drove back (half hour from here)
to work on the fridge again. Used a new in the bag part,
I'd bought several years ago. Told her I guessed the part
was about $25, bought it years ago.

She asked if I had the receipt. Took a minute to understand.
She wants to see the receipt of what I paid at the wholesale
house. No, the receipt is in a drawer or folder at home.

And even if I did, I wouldn't show you. I sell for retail.
I'll make a phone call tomorrow, see what the current
retail price is, and call her back. What an evening.

Amazing. She expects to pay wholesale? Do you charge for the trip?
She should check your odometer.