Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_23_] Frank[_23_] is offline

Default A Perfect Case For NOT Using Linux.

On 6/22/2015 6:41 PM, philo wrote:
On 06/22/2015 03:09 PM, Frank wrote:

Regarding Linux, my old Vista OS computer got infected and I took it to
my son who could not recover it except to put in Linux. My son had
hooked up to the internet with Ethernet but when I brought it home
neither of us could get it connected to my wifi.

Rather jump through hoops with an aging computer with Linux, I just
bought a new one with Win 8. MS, who we all hate, is now on the path of
Apple and Android and giving out free OS upgrades.

I've setup a light version of Ubuntu (Kubuntu) on some older laptops
and the wireless card was picked up with no problem...

anyway,if your old machine had Vista on it...it probably was time for an
all new machine

Machine was 6 years old but maxed out at 3 GB memory. Something got
into it and bogged it down to unusable. I used wife's laptop as a
back-up for a couple of months but it was getting annoying having
business to do and limping with the computers.

Son is a data base manager for a bank and all he uses is Linux.