Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default What strange garden faucet is this?

On Mon, 22 Jun 2015 13:55:12 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

On Monday, June 22, 2015 at 4:42:52 PM UTC-4, micky wrote:
On Mon, 22 Jun 2015 05:48:43 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

On Monday, June 22, 2015 at 1:33:21 AM UTC-4, micky wrote:
A friend's house was designed by an architect to be his own house, about
8 years ago, until he sold it last year.

It has all kinds of gadgets, including a generator hard wired in, solar
panels in the back yard, alarm installed when the house was built,
Rinnai hot water (that I didn't understand), two big breaker boxes, only
half full but still with 45 breakers total,

Probably some garden faucets were hiding behind bushes, but the one on
the patio was a pipe, almost an inch in diameter that came out of the
wall one inch and then turned downwards. That part was 4 or 5 inches
long with a ball valve in it. And not the standard garden threads on
the end of that. Despite that there was a garden hose not connected
to but right next to this spigot. (I wish I had looked at the ends of
the hose.)

What was I looking at?

My friend told me she thought she had freeze-proof garden faucets but
she must be totally confused. Her pipes didn't burst last winter, but
future winters may be colder.

Why do you think that this house doesn't have freeze-proof garden
faucets?

Because this is clearly a garden faucet -- as I said, it was right next
to a reel of garden hose -- and it's not freeze-proof.

Well then since it's clealy a garden faucet, and you know what it is
wtf, why are are you here?

To get an alternate or more specific answer to my question. Everyone
else who answered figured that out.

I'm not saying it doesn't have any. Some may have been hidden by the
bushes.

Well that is exactly what you're saying.

No. I'm sorry you can't follow a simple set of English sentences.

It's been standard in new construction here for decades.
Actually they are called frost-proof sillcocks. What the thing
you're describing is, I have no idea.

Norminn, she also has a lawn sprinker system, I think, and there's 3 or
4 acres but no place for a pond.

Anthony, I didn't think to turn it on. And that might be going too far
when she's not there. I don't get out that way very often, so I stopped
even though she wasn't there. The next door neighbor had been claiming
4 feet of her land, including a row of 6 foot fir trees!, and she had a
survey done, and I wanted to see the wooden sticks with red flags before
she took them down. I wanted to see where her boundary was, and I
wanted to see how in-your-face the flags were (only 6" high, but very),
so she didn't have to be home.

There's nothing wrong with this paragraph. If you think there is......

Micky, you're the village idiot.

I was going to call you combative in my previous post but I refrained.
Now I have it confirmed that you're a jackass.