Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Replacing T1-11 siding?

On Sun, 21 Jun 2015 22:00:58 -0400, "Percival P. Cassidy"
wrote:

We have T1-11 siding that is looking the worse for wear: some rotted
patches, some delamination. I don't know what is underneath it -- just
the studs?

How old is the house?

What would be involved in replacing it by Hardie-Plank? *Not* installing
the H-P over the T1-11. Insulation between the joists, plywood over the
joists, then Tyvek housewrap, then the Hardie-Plank?

I've seen 20# roofing felt used as a moist wrap - before Tyvek house
wrap came about.

Would it be possible to replace one panel at a time, or would I (or a
contractor) have to do a whole wall in one go?

Am I missing anything?

How long to do the entire house?