Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Hose Across driveway

On Sunday, June 21, 2015 at 10:47:43 PM UTC-5, Tony Hwang wrote:
FrankinVA wrote:
replying to S. Barker, FrankinVA wrote:
ichasetrains wrote:

Just drive on it. Hell, we drive on them all the time in a gravel lot,

and
they last all summer that way. I doubt you'd drive over your hose enough

in
a lifetime to damage it.
"hobbes" wrote in message

I have had a heavy duty garden hose across and asphalt driveway for less
that a month and it is starting to leak where it gets pinched against the
tiny pieces of rock. what are you using fire hoses????

Commercial grade rubber hose is real heavy duty.

Hey Tony, do you think the OP may have found a solution during the past 7 years? Anyway, I have a suggestion for anyone else who runs into the same problem. It's rubber duct cord cover like you see in offices where it's necessary to run power and/or network cable across a path on the floor. You can buy new for not that much money or go to a used office furniture dealer to see if they have any that was salvaged from a closed business. Here's a link to Amazon which sells one that is 5 feet long and has a 3/4 inch center channel. There are others that are 15 feet long but I didn't see the size of the center channel listed for them. ^_^

https://tinyurl.com/phb4urc

[8~{} Uncle Hoser Monster