Posted to alt.home.repair
gregz gregz is offline

Default (OT) Trailer / RV toilet water feed leaking

Tony Hwang wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote:

I've been asked to fix a water leak, in a trailer. There
was water behind the toilet. I found that the white
flexible water line comes in from the side of the toilet,
curves around and ataches to the back of the toilet. The
leaky fitting is about a foot or less from the floor. The
tube comes from the side, and bends up to where it fits
into the toilet.

I'm not sure how many PSI, but the trailer camp has a LOT
of pressure. Open the faucet in the bathroom sink, and get
a belly shower.

Some kind of a nut at the end of the tubing where it meets
the toilet. Perhaps a compression fitting. i reached around
and tightened the nut. Then towel up the water, and can't
find any more leaking.

Two days later, get called back for the same toilet leaking
around back.

What to do now? I've considered some teflon tape, and
considered take that all apart and dope it up good with
Rectorseal #5. What has worked, for you?

Thanks, in advance.

-
.
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
. www.lds.org
.
.

Found exactly where the leak is occuring? Teflon tape is commonly used
on trailer fittings. Reusing compression fitting is not a good idea. And
owner better get a water pressure regulator to protect his plumbing. I
used to own 30 ft. fiver for camping when kids were young.

I got a leak this summer. Seems the valve assembly might be leaking. I have
felt water at inlet connection, may be condensation. I may have to replace
Marine toilet, but they are not very expensive. I still have to deal with
obsolete grey plumbing. I have pressure own to 30 lbs. Unregulated, it's
pretty high. I only turn water on when at camp. On fitting last summer on
water heater fitting was leaking. Bad o ring, but that was a special one.
Ended up using a shark bite adaptor.

Greg