LASERandDVDfan

Default Honda Car Clock comes alive with a bang.

Your advice is correct about the cold solder coonection. I'd resolder
everyhting and its working again in 2 years. I would have never attempt this.
You've figured it out for me. Thank you for your help.

Also look around for any leaky electrolytic capacitors.

Your problem is not unique. I have a Ford Taurus with the electric florescent
clock which had the same exact problems. Reflowing the joints with solder and
replacing a leaky capacitor fixed it. And, there were resistors that ran hot
in it, too. This is actually normal operation, although the heat is probably
what helped the cracks to form in the first place. - Reinhart