Posted to comp.os.linux.advocacy,alt.os.linux.ubuntu,alt.home.repair
Ignoramus11174 Ignoramus11174 is offline

Default A Perfect Case For NOT Using Linux.

On 2015-06-21, Tomas wrote:

But that's part of the problem. So many different Linux
distributions when the facts prove that most people choose from the
top 5 or so anyway. Wouldn't it make sense to focus and apply the
resources to those top distributions?

For regular people, desktop Linux is too complicated.

True.

But, since I am now working with some very average people, what I am
learning is that they cannot use Windows either due to
viruses/spyware/malware/antiviruses. They are migrating to Apple and
Android for this reason, Windows is too hard to deal with due to
predatory software.

Apple is solid but Android is a malware magnet.
Big disaster.

Windows is being abandoned at a very quick pace.

DESKTOP Windows is because technology is changing towards a more
portable centric model. Tablets etc.

Android is also Linux, and is used by most people in the world who
have a computing device. In the sense of what is in the hands of most
people, Linux won via Android.

They certainly won being the biggest target for malware.
Build it and they will come.

Unlike Windows, Android cannot install any program from just anywhere,
they have to come from the store. This does greatly curtail malware.