Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Pool pump leak

On Saturday, June 20, 2015 at 8:46:20 AM UTC-5, Bob F wrote:
Uncle Monster wrote:
When I was working as an electrician, me and the crew were laying 4
inch PVC electrical conduit in trenches for underground high voltage
cable and we would use the exhaust from a two and a half ton truck's
diesel engine to heat the ten foot lengths of PVC conduit so we could
make large radius bends and offsets. We had a Greenlee electric oven
for heating PVC conduit but it wasn't suited for use out in a muddy
field. So using a heat gun to heat a short piece of the thinner
schedule 40 PVC plumbing pipe should work well to make a patch fit
the outer curvature of the same size pipe without any straps to force
it to fit. Dang, I gotta to try some day. ^_^

I suspect you'd still want straps to strengthen the connection if any pressure
was involved.

I suppose a few hose clamps would do the trick. 8-)

[8~{} Uncle Clamp Monster