Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Solid state replacement regulator for '58 Chevy C60

On Fri, 19 Jun 2015 07:51:02 -0500, dpb wrote:

On 06/18/2015 8:16 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 18 Jun 2015 16:49:23 -0500, wrote:

On 06/18/2015 4:27 PM, Tekkie® wrote:
posted for all of us...

Just throw an integrated Delcotron on the old pig and be done with it.

+1

Got one to donate to a good cause?

You'll pay the shipping from Central Ontario, Canada??

Might, depending...probably still quite a lot cheaper than could do
locally (altho I haven't actually tried as yet; you recall the "issues"
with local so-called salvage/used parts place I outlined earlier).

BTW, this is a 283 if you have ready access for supply w/ a mounting to
keep pulley in plane...

Depends which water pump and pulleys you have but a 327 or even a 307
bracket should fit without a problem.. I know a lot of guys put
alternators on their old 283 and 327 engines..Making a bracket isn't
terribly difficult either.

I checked - I don't have any delcotrons around any more.