Bob Shuman

Default Micrwave oven - M8A fuse?

Mike,

Keep your eye on that capacitor as well ... it may just be a matter of time
and this was a warning signal of what is to come. My above the range GE
microwave popped the fuse about 4-6 months before the capacitor went out
completely.

Bob

"Sam Goldwasser" wrote in message
Mike Tomlinson writes:
Update: I replaced the 8A fuse with a 5A fast-blow, and the oven
appears to work. It boiled half a pint of water in about 3 minutes.

The mica splash protector for the waveguide was very dirty (even on the
waveguide side.) Have cleaned it up and will see how it goes.

It's not totally out of the question for the fuse to have just died
of old age and there actually being no problem.