Wdyorchid

Default Honda Car Clock comes alive with a bang.

Your advice is correct about the cold solder coonection. I'd resolder
everyhting and its working again in 2 years. I would have never attempt this.
You've figured it out for me. Thank you for your help.

-W

Look for cold solder connections on all the connections and on the
circuit board. Also check for any parts being mechanically
intermittent.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com
Instruments http://www.zoom-one.com/glgtech.htm
"Wdyorchid" wrote in message
My digital LED display on my 1988 Honda Accord works on a cold day but
dies on
hot day by failing to come when the ignition is turned on. Gently, I
bang
really hard on the dashboard then it comes alive until the next day.
I notice a four-watt resistor that runs really hot (could
almost
light a cigar) but I could trace voltages going all the way to the IC.
May the
IC lost ground? But how do we diagnose something when Honda doesn't
provide a
diagram. I like to fix this one because I have several Hondas with the
same
symptom. What If I use a functioning identical clock and take
measurements?
Parts are easy to find since I have a shoe-box filled stash of
these
clocks in my basement.
-Thanks