Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default sunken living room - help!

On Friday, June 19, 2015 at 8:01:01 AM UTC-4, CRNG wrote:
On Fri, 19 Jun 2015 06:57:00 -0400, "dadiOH"
wrote in

Courtney wrote:

snip

My husband thinks we should just try to match the color of the
laminate and paint it so we can draw attention away from it. I feel
like we need to make it better, but I have no idea how to fix it. I
tried to just set the 4 inch baseboard up against the more uniform
wall, but even that is super wavy....it lines up with the current
baseboard but then is an inch below it by the end of the wall.

Not sure if all this makes sense but if anyone has any ideas or
advice, we'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

You need a trim carpenter. He needs to install a sufficiently high
baseboard around the room.

To do so, he may or may not have to shim out the recessed areas. The area
of concrete that projects from the wall could be cut off or he could put the
baseboard on that; in the latter case, the base wouldn't meet the wall at
the top so he could use a short thick piece at the top then a thin baseboard
under that.

After the baseboard, you need a shoe molding to hide the gap between floor
and baseboard.

+1 on this soluton.
--

Agree. At least that's all that I can say without seeing pics
of the actual problem. But it sounds like it can be covered up by