Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default How to choose a water softener?

On Mon, 15 Jun 2015 19:03:06 -0400, JD
wrote:

On 6/15/2015 12:28 PM, Oren wrote:
On Sun, 14 Jun 2015 21:43:11 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Hi,
I already tested my well water and know I need a 24,000 grain water softener, a 1cuft acid neutralizer, and a filter (of course). I can install myself (very comfortable with plumbing). Things I know: I want regeneration upon demand (not by time only), and I don't need a dual tank system as I can live with hard water for a regeneration cycle duration.

My question: how do I choose which manufacturer to go with?

All technical opinions and experience appreciated.
Thanks
Theodore

I use a single tank with a digital fleck valve. Have used Fleck for
~20 years (two homes). Tank, valve and new rein was ~$400.00.
Installed myself with current plumbing - perfect fit. Less than an
hour's work. The person Ed mentioned has retired, but his web page is
still up with a sizing calculator and various types of systems.

http://www.qualitywatertreatment.com/water_softener_sizing.htm

Geez, I should have read your reply before I replied to Ed. Duh!

No worry. I gave the wrong link, originally for Gary Slusser. The link
name was so close. http://www.qualitywaterassociates.com/