Posted to alt.home.repair
SMS SMS is offline

Default diesel fuel

On 6/14/2015 2:21 AM, Frank Thompson wrote:
On Saturday, June 13, 2015 at 6:08:39 AM UTC-4, Frank Thompson wrote:
Should I have the same concern for fuel for my diesel fuel as I have for my gasoline regarding stability?

Thanks for the advise. I assume that I am not wasting my money on using additive called PR-D which is specifically for diesel fuel. Been told that many watermen of the Chesapeake Bay area use it for the engines in their boats.

The diesel fuel manufacturer is already adding the necessary additives.

If you are doing long-term storage of diesel fuel then PR-D is fine. No
need to use it in a vehicle's fuel tank where the fuel is used on a
regular basis. In fact their are warnings against excessive quantities
of additives.