Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman[_2_] rbowman[_2_] is offline

Default snake in the back yard

On 06/12/2015 07:18 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
From what I've been able to find, the majority of people in Section 8 housing are Caucasian. Same with welfare, the majority appear to be Caucasian too. The difference I've read about seems to be in the amount of time different racial groups stay on public assistance. I can't find a good comprehensive source for all the numbers without spending more time searching than I care to but as I recall, Caucasians spend the least amount of time on public assistance. But the claim that Negro Americans make up the largest group on public assistance looks like a misnomer to me. I wish someone with a better source would post a link. ^_^

http://www.statisticbrain.com/welfare-statistics/

Welfare Demographics
Percent of recipients who are white 38.8 %
Percent of recipients who are black 39.8 %
Percent of recipients who are Hispanic 15.7 %
Percent of recipients who are Asian 2.4 %
Percent of recipients who are Other 3.3 %

however, that has to be balanced against

The U.S. population's distribution by race and ethnicity in 2010
Non-Hispanic White 63.7 %
Non-Hispanic Black or African American 12.2 %
Non-Hispanic Asian 4.7 %
Hispanic or Latino 16.4 %

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demogr...nd_ethnici ty

Blacks are vastly overrepresented on the welfare roles.