Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Solid state replacement regulator for '58 Chevy C60

On 06/12/2015 7:48 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 12 Jun 2015 07:28:51 -0500, wrote:

On 06/11/2015 10:06 PM,
wrote:

...[big snip]...

Just throw an integrated Delcotron on the old pig and be done with it.

Could but seems like a larger cash outlay than needed by quite a bit...

A used delcotron will cost you less than a new electronic regulator -
IF you can find one. And the brackets from the V8 you get the
delcotron off of should fit the 283 or 327 in the truck

I don't know; used pricing any more seems about as high as new; there is
no place here any more that can go and strip like used to when were
kids...they are all on an online connection scheme and likely won't even
have one local to start with...

I tried to get a replacement gas tank for one of the pickups a couple of
years ago and gave it up entirely as hopeless...ended up buying 3rd
party new online for less than half what they'd let me have a used one
for--and they wouldn't let me in the yard to just scavenge one at all.
I pretty much wrote 'em off after that debacle.