Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Solid state replacement regulator for '58 Chevy C60

On 06/11/2015 9:54 AM, dpb wrote:

Unfortunately, looking in more detail at the Wells site
http://www.wellsve.com/parts/ it appears the info at the other site
was incomplete--those are alternator-equipped vehicles were talking
about whereas this is an old generator system so this 'un won't work as
a drop-in replacement for the purpose after all...

I did some looking on the site by vehicle cross match and they've got
one compatible listed but looks to me like it's also mechanical. I've
got a query in to check...

Just heard back from WVE; they indeed have only mechanical-styles for
said generator system.

So, it's back to the needle-nose and the Delco service bulletin before
anything else for at least one more adjusting/trial session --