Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default snake in the back yard

On Fri, 12 Jun 2015 11:47:55 -0700 (PDT), bob haller
wrote:

A venomous snake out in the woods is one thing ... a venomous snake in the
yard where my grandchildren are playing is another . There is an overgrown
empty lot next door to our house in Memphis . Our son and his family live in
that house . Last trip to Memphis , one of their cats was bitten by a
venomous snake RIGHT NEXT TO THE DRIVEWAY WHERE THE KIDS WERE PLAYING . That
cat died in less than a minute , it was struck in the neck . Evidence was
found close by of a nest with opened eggs , probably copperheads . A young
copperhead was killed a couple of houses down just days before this happened
. Now then , since all snakes are beneficial , should we just let them be
and risk one of the neighborhood kids getting struck and maybe die ?
I think not .
--
Snag

why not carefully claen up the vacant lot next door, and cut the grass occasionally.

just a bit of work can beautify the neighborhood and help make it safer too

Mowers kill snakes. Maybe you have not seen or experienced it? Why
would Snag clean a lot not belonging to him? The EPA may get on your
case in a protected area. What if it caused frogs to die?