Posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.home.repair,alt.autos.gm
Snuffy \Hub Cap\ McKinney Snuffy \Hub Cap\ McKinney is offline

Default Aerostar again

"Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney" wrote in message ...
Pulling to the right hard. Tire pressure OK. Lugs all tight. Nothing obviously loose underneath. Bushings look good. Any ideas what to check before I head to the mechanic?

I took it to 2 general mechanics I have used. First one is not set up for alignment but put it up and looked it over. The only think he saw was a possible leaking left ball joint. Took to another general mechanic - also not set up for alignment. (I thought both of them were...) He said nothing looked obviously wrong, brakes not binding, recommended an alignment.

Went to the tire place I use, did an alignment and this is the before and after....
Before alignment (all 3 should be the same photo)
http://i59.tinypic.com/rcmp84.gif
http://tinypic.com/r/rcmp84/8
http://oi59.tinypic.com/rcmp84.jpg

After alignment (all 4 should be the same)
http://i59.tinypic.com/r762wy.gif
http://tinypic.com/r/r762wy/8
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=r762wy&s=8#.VXpXSFJikk4
http://oi59.tinypic.com/r762wy.jpg

When I drove out, the car pulled just as much to the right as when I drove in. Turned around. Mechanic said the front right tire was were worn on the outside and was causing it to be pulled. Also had lubed it and said specifically that the ball joints and bushings were all fine.

I do need 2 new tires, but surprised that the pulling happened suddenly due to a worn tire....

So my question is..... is the report in these photos show it is was way out of alignment or just a little -- enough to cause the wear?

Thanks, felllers.