Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman[_2_] rbowman[_2_] is offline

Default Wire strippers

On 06/09/2015 11:22 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
The panels I refer to are six feet tall, mounted to a wall and the bundles of wire were hanging out of 2-1/2" conduit.

We mostly used McKinstry freestanding enclosures. Some were smaller, but
many were 6x6x2 feet, big enough to live in. Some of the real estate was
taken up with motor starters. A Square D starter for a 25 HP motor isn't
too petit. Throw in a control transformer for the 120 VAC control
circuitry and that ate a little more room. The external runs were all
Liquatite. Thermoset molding shops can be dirty, and if you blow a line
on a 30 gpm pump, they can get oily pretty fast.

I miss it too. The whole US machine tool industry more or less went tits
up in the '70s. I traded relay logic for microprocessor logic but it
just ain't the same.