Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Car compass

On 06/10/2015 7:01 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 6/10/2015 1:24 PM, dpb wrote:

Guess they're ok but...there's one in the Enclave but I simply find I
never pay any attention to it since its output is a section of the
center rearview mirror; I (like most truck drivers I suppose) use the
side mirrors automagically as you get to where you simply "know" there's
nothing visible directly behind you \

OK, you give me another reason not to buy Buicks any more. I have a very
clear 7" screen in my Sonata. After driving 25 miles in the snow it will
be a bit blurry but a swipe of the finger restores it. The screen is
shared by the navigation. New models have an 8" screen.

The problem w/ the Enclave is one of most SUV body styles; the upright
rear is far worse for blow back on the rear as compared to a sedan.
That we're also on dirt roads doesn't help. The snow'll come off
easily, it's the dried/caked mud I've not wet down to wipe off the lens
that's the problem above.

The size is a little of an issue if one really cares about using it, but
I'm just too old and set in my ways to really care/pay any attention.