Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Car compass

On 6/10/2015 1:24 PM, dpb wrote:

Guess they're ok but...there's one in the Enclave but I simply find I
never pay any attention to it since its output is a section of the
center rearview mirror; I (like most truck drivers I suppose) use the
side mirrors automagically as you get to where you simply "know" there's
nothing visible directly behind you \

The audio avoidance warning is really more useful in many ways imo as
even when it was clean and first got the vehicle I found the distortion
in it to be of limited use. I suppose for the instance of the kiddo in
the driveway, but we have none of them any longer...there are some
neighbors with them on trucks and for a bumper hitch they turn out to be
the cats meow they say...

OK, you give me another reason not to buy Buicks any more. I have a
very clear 7" screen in my Sonata. After driving 25 miles in the snow
it will be a bit blurry but a swipe of the finger restores it. The
screen is shared by the navigation. New models have an 8" screen.

A surprisingly large number of kids are killed every year so there is
definite payback for many drivers. Also nice when parallel parking in
tight spots, the yellow and red lines are very accurate.