Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Car compass

On Tue, 09 Jun 2015 22:05:03 -0400, wrote:

On Tue, 09 Jun 2015 16:10:22 -0700, Oren wrote:

On Tue, 09 Jun 2015 14:12:30 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

I got turned around one dark night, and ended up
way off my route. Walmart has car compass, several
versions, in the auto parts section. Actually,
most auto parts stores should have compass. I have
a magnetic compass in both vehicles.

Daytime, you can ballpark the direction by where is
the sun, and what time is it.

Can't you find the North Star at night?

Not on a "dark and cloudy night"

Then determine what side of a mountain the moon rises or sets.
You can look at a tree and determine the direction the sun rises or
sets.(swamps) How it grows. I don't need a stinking GPS. Or a wife to
tell me I'm lost or how to use a printed map.

The sun is setting in the west right now as I type