Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default ECHO weed trimmer & warranty

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 6/9/2015 1:32 PM, Vic Dura wrote:
Echo weed trimmer

Purchased this two years ago. It's easy to use, light weight and
starts very easily every time. However last week I noticed some gas
leaking. Found that the fuel line to the PCV valve was splitting. The
user manual indicates that warranty is for five years including the
fuel lines. The manual also indicates that fuel with 10% ethanol is
fine. Took it to an authorized service center and they claimed that
fuel system not covered by warranty because use with ethanol fuel.

Sounds like BS to me. The ethanol fuel has been around for a long time
and manufacturers of gas equipment have to deal with it. The right
material has been available.

I guess they have some sweet sounding little girl call because they know
anyone else would get what they deserve.