Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Car compass

On Tue, 9 Jun 2015 16:04:49 -0400, "Ralph Mowery"
wrote:

wrote in message
a GPS comes in real handy at times

but if you only need it - say once a year, maybe not needed

Exactly. Once near Plymouth Rock, all the roads went in S-curves and
the fog was thick (so Icouldn't tell where the sun was) and the guy I
asked had me follow him to get to a numbered highway. And twice I've
come to a road thinking turning left will be south, when it was really
north, but that's only 3 or 5 times in 20 years. Plus the two times I
left the house for blind dates and didnt' take the address with me.
Once I somehow remembered the complicated instructions and the other
time I had to go door to door asking, Does Jane Crawford live here?
Where does she live? Only took two houses to find her.

Just like the spare. I have a 2007 and 2008 truck and car that the spare
has never been on the ground, but don't intend on taking them out.
If you need it, you need it even if only once every 20 years.
Just like insurance.

Yeah, but you can ask someone where you are. You can't ask him to run
along side the car, holding up one corner.