Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default ECHO weed trimmer & warranty

Vic Dura wrote:
On Tue, 9 Jun 2015 13:38:22 -0500, "Terry Coombs"
wrote in

Vic Dura wrote:
Echo weed trimmer

snipped the repair story and most of the letter

Right now I am of the
opinion that the warranty is effectively worthless and counter
productive to sales in an age of ubiquitous customer feedback via the
Internet.
Sincerely,
-----------
After they received the letter they called me to tell me that fuel
lines were considered "maintenence" items rather than "warranty" items
and that they allow 30 for warranty work to be completed. The also
offered me a free tune-up kit to compensate me for my trouble. I told
them to keep the tune-up kit.

I think I'd have told them to shove that kit where the light doesn't shine
. Right after I read them the part of the manual that says the lines are
covered .

I really wanted to do that, but the person who called was a young lady
obviously just reading from a script. She was an innocent lackey. If
the customer support manager (who the letter was addressed to) had
called, I would have been much more strident.

In our church a guy owns/operates small engine shop. Couple years ago
I went to his shop and wanted buy a small Echo chain saw but he steered
me to Stihl. He said he had enough with Echo 'cos they keep changing
little things in design making it it difficult to keep up. He quit
selling Echo already. Small Stihl is good around house, even wife can
start it. Trimmer I use 20V Lithium battery B&D. I like auto feed line
feature which works very well.