Posted to alt.home.repair
HerHusband HerHusband is offline

Default Kenmore Washer Won't Drain

We have an older Kenmore 70 Series washing machine, model 110.72770100.

A few weeks ago it randomly stopped draining. Most of the time it works
fine, but maybe one load out of five the tub is still full of water when
the cycle is over.

I replaced the lid switch, but the problem continued.

We also had one load when the washer actually overflowed onto the floor.

So, I replaced the timer, the water pump, and the fill valve. There were no
obstructions in any of the hoses and the drive belt is in good condition.

But, occasionally it still doesn't drain and spin properly.

Any ideas what would cause this?

Thanks,

Anthony Watson
www.mountainsoftware.com