Posted to alt.home.repair
J Burns J Burns is offline

Default best wris****ch grease?

On 6/7/15 11:01 AM, bob_villa wrote:
On Sunday, June 7, 2015 at 9:46:12 AM UTC-5, Bob F wrote:
J Burns wrote:
I've always preferred Timex because John Cameron Swayze proved they
were shockproof and waterproof.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vgsvnvf6UGA

A friend once told me about watching one of those timex-on-the-outboard-motor
ads on TV. He said the camera was directly above the tank at the end of the ad,
and you could see pieces of watches all over the bottom of the tank.

Have you tried contacting timex about getting a replacement gasket?

The Timex commercials were live...the 1st time this was attempted, the watch was thrown off! They were able to get a close-up on it, at the bottom of the tank, still ticking.

The one that made the biggest impression on me had a farmer planting row
crops by hand in the rain. Water and mud were all over his Timex. He
checked the time, and the announcer said, "When rain comes, it's a
blessing." I felt envious.