Posted to alt.home.repair
J Burns J Burns is offline

Default best wris****ch grease?

On 6/6/15 11:52 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:

I call it an O-ring if it's a circular loop with a round cross section.
You may be right. How can I tell the difference?

I just know watch makers call it gasket... I have a good watch maker in
the neighborhood who is from Swiss, went to Longine watch maker school.
He can pretty well take care of all mechanical watches/clocks. I have
one Rolex Datejust I bought at Army PX in 'Nam for like 375.00. He says
this watch's movement is better than todays Rolex. Told it's worth 4G.

In 1968, I kept telling a Swiss friend that I didn't think foreigners
should be allowed to attend American colleges. He laughed so hard that
he ended up getting me a Swiss watch from his grandmother, who imported
them. It was indeed a great watch. I was ashamed the day it quit
working. As usual, it was my fault.