Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default OT apparently every cell phone could get FM

On Sat, 06 Jun 2015 04:10:49 -0400, micky
wrote:

http://freeradioonmyphone.org/

Today’s smartphones already have an FM receiver! This means that all
listeners would have easy access to radio for the entertainment they
love and information they need, but wireless carriers are dragging their
feet and won’t activate the FM chips that are in every smartphone. FM
radio doesn't require an internet connection and won't drain your
phone's battery. We need your help to make sure carriers hear this
message: We shouldn’t be forced to pay to stream local radio –
especially in emergencies – it should be FREE and at our fingertips.
TAKE ACTION today!

Mine has this, but I noticed that a lot don't.

Poncharello did the commercial for this, because he knows about CHIPS.

Another page says it runs the battery down 6 times as fast to stream
radio, or any audio, as it does to use the tuner and listen to FM.