Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Old Florida home, 2X4 truss roof, how to insulate t'ween trussesunder sheathing

On Friday, June 5, 2015 at 1:31:01 AM UTC-4, HerHusband wrote:
William,

The trusses are 2X4 so without raising the attic floor I don't see
how I could get more than 3 1/2" of insulation between the living
space and the attic.

There is no problem covering the bottom chord of the truss. That is
standard practice. Wood isn't the greatest insulator so it's actually
beneficial to cover that bottom chord with insulation.

I've never seen 2x4 trusses used for the bottom of the attic/ceiling
of the living space. But if that's what's there, then I agree with
the above observation. Only problem is he said the attic has a floor
and depending on how much of it has floor, how many nails were used,
etc., it could be some trouble removing plywood to get the insulation
in.