Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Base material for patio paver bricks: stone dust or coarse sand

On Thu, 04 Jun 2015 15:21:03 -0500, wrote:

Playbox sand is sold at almost every building supply and hardware store.
But if you're doing a large patio, I'd buy it bulk from a quarry. Those
small bags get costly when you need lots of them.

When I installed my patio, I just went to the local quarry with 12 five
gallon buckets and filled them with my shovel. The guy said it was
50cents per pail, but only charged me $5 for 12 of them, since I had to
fill them myself. He said his machinery is too big to fill buckets!

I had to go back for a second load, so it only cost me $10 for the sand.
The playbox sand bags sold in the stores are probably slightly less than
a 5 gallon pail, and they cost close to $5 each.

Play box sand is for a play box. Not a compacted foundation for
pavers, driveway, etc.

It ought to a be Felony to be in Canada. eh?