Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Jerry.Tan@spamblocked.com is offline

Default Base material for patio paver bricks: stone dust or coarse sand

On Thu, 4 Jun 2015 08:47:28 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

On Wednesday, June 3, 2015 at 4:48:42 PM UTC-4, Oren wrote:
On Wed, 3 Jun 2015 10:24:33 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Where can I buy sand dust or some dust need to know in Connecticut by the west Hartford area

Search for crushed granite in Hartford, CT.

Or crushed stone, rock, gravel, sand etc. Places that sell that
would be likely sources. Or search for pavers. Places that sell
pavers have it or know where to get it.

Playbox sand is sold at almost every building supply and hardware store.
But if you're doing a large patio, I'd buy it bulk from a quarry. Those
small bags get costly when you need lots of them.

When I installed my patio, I just went to the local quarry with 12 five
gallon buckets and filled them with my shovel. The guy said it was
50cents per pail, but only charged me $5 for 12 of them, since I had to
fill them myself. He said his machinery is too big to fill buckets!

I had to go back for a second load, so it only cost me $10 for the sand.
The playbox sand bags sold in the stores are probably slightly less than
a 5 gallon pail, and they cost close to $5 each.